How to block LDAP users from accessing Jira 10-user system which can go over limit?

Wayne Belshaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2017

Although I use a private directory for some special logins, our company leverages our universal LDAP database (AD) as the primary method for validating logins to all applications.

On my 10-user starter licensed system, I have exactly 10 users, most using LDAP for access.  I had an "unknown" LDAP user login to the starter system and they were ADDED to my total user accounting taking me over my limit.  I had to delete the user manually.

Question:  Is there a way in Jira admin that I can prevent any additional users from getting auto logged in and added as users to my system?   This will not be a problem on our future production machine with over 250 users.

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hello Wayne,

You can either use a LDAP filter in your User Directory, so it will synchronise only a specific set of 10-users based on a group or OU that you define or you can synchronise all the users and restrict the user groups, so that only 10 specific users are members of the groups providing application access then using a license.

For more information on the LDAP filters I suggest you to check the documentation below:

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Wayne Belshaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2017

Thanks Pedro.  My inexperience with LDAP was showing.  This is very helpful and makes sense.

Suggest an answer