How to automate fields update inward and outward between 2 issue types

Emiliano Visioli April 22, 2024

Hi,

My need is to update automatically some fields when they're updated in a specific issue type in another issue type and viceversa.

The two issues are always linked with a "relates to" link.

So I created this automation:

linkedIssue.png

The problem is that I can control that some users add other link with the same relationship so the risk is that the field be updated in other issues.

Dow you have suggestions to improve this kind of automation?

Thank you,

Emiliano

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

Hi Emiliano,

You can't really stop that from happening, except to create a new Issue Link Type so it is less likely it will be used randomly by others. 

Emiliano Visioli April 22, 2024

Hi John,

yes I'd like to but I should migrate as is link from "relates to" to new link type only for a specific issue type and I can't find a query that filters for linked issue with specific issue type, could you help me?

I found solution through plugins but I'd need it natively.

Thank you,

Emiliano

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

No, you would have to update all of the current ones manually. 

0 votes
Logan Mulderrig April 22, 2024

Hi @Emiliano Visioli

Could you provide an example ticket and the expected flow and automated actions to assist further?

Suggest an answer