How to associate screen with field configuration scheme

Suganya March 17, 2018

Hi Team,

How to associate each screen in project with separate filed configuration scheme. Eg. I have a project which has a screen "initiate" with field client name and client url. I have made client name and client url as type "required" in field configuration scheme.  so what happens is..when I create a new issue its asking for complete mandatory fields client name and client url, which i dnt want. the type required should be applicable only for the screen initiate. if i add another screen to same project the previous field configuration should not be applicable.  

Need a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Evan Golden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2018

Hello Sugyana

Is the screen "initiate" a transition screen in your workflow after create, or is it a custom screen associated with an issue type as the edit/view/create screen for that type?  I recommend using a transition screen on workflow, and to use a validator on transition instead. 

Jira Suite Utilities add-on has a lot of great workflow transition options.  One includes fields required.  This will make it so those two fields are required on transition only vs with the entire field configuration.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview

Hopefully this helps 

Suganya March 20, 2018

This add-on helped me a lot.. Thank you

Evan Golden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Glad it helped. If you are satisfied with the answer, can you please mark as accepted. Thanks!

1 vote
David March 17, 2018

Hello Sugyana.

Another workaround could be setting those fields as mandatory in the needed screen through a Script Runner behaviour. You can get more info about it here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html.

Consider that behaviours set javascript code behind Jira forms so its performance could depend on several factors such as client browser, other client codes. etc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events