How to add value to "Due Date" field for my past issues in batches without it

rayion February 7, 2021

Hi,

I need to add value to the "Due Date" field for my past issues in batches. And these issues' "Due Date" field haven't any value.

The value of the "Due Date" field should be set as the "Created" field.

How can I deal with it?

Thx.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @rayion  -  I use the Automation for Jira app for Cloud to do that with a Scheduled trigger type of rule. There is a free app for Automation for Jira for Server, but I think you will probably have to have the paid full app to do the scheduled trigger. You could start a trial with that add-on and see if it does what you need it to do. 

rayion February 8, 2021

Hi @John Funk,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried using "Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA" to do a scheduled job but failed.

Maybe the "Due Date" field cannot be added to issues in this way. Because this field doesn't have value in these issues, they aren't able to show the value of the field.

I need to add this field and give it value.

where is my field.png

BTW, the "Due Date" field is on the view screen.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

You probably need to add the Due Date to the Edit screen and then try running it. 

rayion February 9, 2021

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I added the Due Date to the Edit screen. But running failed.

It's on the Create/View/Edit screen.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

What is the error message now?

rayion February 9, 2021

No error message shows.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Then how do you know it is failing? 

rayion February 9, 2021

After running the scheduled job, I checked the issues but no the "Due Date" field.

Maybe I should recheck my scheduled job.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer