How to add links to testlink test cases in Jira

Tom Lowe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2011

We use Jira for user stories as well as defect tracking and testlink for test planning test case development and execution. We've used the integration between jira and testlink to add the link to a jira defect within testlink. That's pretty cool.

However, there does not appear to be a way to link from Jira to a testlink test case. Jira Users (developers) have to open testlink separately to review acceptance test cases. Ideally a Jira user could add a link from Jira to Testlink.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Does anyone know if this exists

7 answers

1 vote
GErickson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2013

TestLink does provide direct links to test cases. To see them, view a test case, then click the icon to the left of the test case id & name to see the link. They look something like http://server-name/linkto.php?tprojectPrefix=project-prefix&item=testcase&id=test-case-id.</em<>>

GErickson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 14, 2013

I just wish TestLink would also provide direct links to test suites.

1 vote
Rama Vijay March 21, 2012

i am also looking for a solution to this , any pointers willbe helpfull - Rama

0 votes
Nikita Talele June 12, 2019

Do we have any solution for this? 

do we have also full traceability with the User Stories when we use Testlink? – I think this it’s crucial to be able to link User Stories with test cases and be able to generate test-reports on a user story level.?

0 votes
Sourabh Kumar November 9, 2018

What is the single most important features that Test link users would want to see in the front end of the open source MobileApp for Testlink ?

0 votes
Harsha Ranaweera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 14, 2014

Hi Tom,

Have you integrated the User Stories in Jira with the Requirements in TestLink?

0 votes
Peter Sdobyrev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 19, 2012

You can create link to tescase: http://www.teamst.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1539

but how I can automatically add it to Jira bug

0 votes
Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

We use Testlink too. It doesn't appear possible to build a URL directly to a test case at all, so I can't see how you'd be able to link to one in Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events