How to add flag to a issue on a transition?

Arnold Roa August 30, 2018

I want to add Flag to an issue when transitioning to another status, I guess this should be added in POST FUNCTIONS configuration of the transition, But i'm not able to figure out how to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2018

Hello Arnold,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to achieve this functionality, however, you can perform it with some plugins.

One of the plugins that you can use to do it is Automation For JIRA Cloud (300 free executions per month) by configuring the fields flagged to receive the value Impediment:

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 18.34.15.png

Arnold Roa August 31, 2018

I was able to achieve this by setting the custom field Flagged to Impediment without any plugin.

Like Rafael Dantas Ruiz likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hello Arnold,

Thank you for your answer. I'm glad to know you were able to solve it with JIRA itself

Can you provide us what feature you have used? Was it the post function Update issue field?

I've tried it before, but it has not worked for some reason.

Arnold Roa September 2, 2018

yes it worked for me. what did not work was the Clear field value to remove the flag.. but thats another history...

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

You can clear the flag value by having a post function and selecting 'clear field value'.

it will come up as:

The value of field Flagged will be cleared.

Suggest an answer