How it is possible in Jira to have the calculated value in the field?

Shriya Chhajed July 10, 2018

Hi, 

I want to have field value to be populated automatically when two or more values are filled and the result should be calculated and filled in the third field. There should not be any manual calculation and manually filling of the result field. Is it possible to do?

Also is it possible to link Jira with Excel? I mean for example, the result field should be filled automatically when it is calculated in Excel. Any possibilities of doing so?

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hi!

As an answer to the first question, I'd like to recommend the following plugin:

Jira Misc Custom Fields

With its help, you can populate "Calculated Text Field".

Hi Greg, 

Thank you so much for the quick response. 

Great! I have that plugin will try using it. It might solve my problem. 

Anything can you help with linking with excel?

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

There's a way to link Jira and Excel together but not without paid plugins and strong efforts. 

ODBC Driver for Jira

I think it's much easier to use a free plugin, such as one mentioned in the previous post.

Oh Okay. 

Great! 

Thank you so much :) 

Regards

Shriya Chhajed

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

You're always welcome!

Read the documentation related to the plugin, you can make any calculations you need with it.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

If Excel is equally important to you, you should implement that calculated field with the Better Excel Exporter app.

The last 3 columns in this spreadsheet are calculated in real-time while creating the Excel file:

jira-issues-with-custom-calculated-fields

Suggest an answer