How does the "related knowledge base articles" area work?

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hi,

I just have connected my demonstration service desk to a test knowledge base in confluence and now in my issues the "related knowledge base articles" area show up on my issues - almost as expected.

What I wonder is, how specific articles are getting suggested, because in my test cases some articles show up even if the do make sense. Is there any way of influencing this behaviour somehow? Just using permissions and or lables as described here would not be sufficient for me.

Thank you for any hints in advance!

Best regards,

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hi Christian,

I think like you, labels only are very limited.

Which kind of criteria do you have in mind?

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2017

Nothing special. I am just missing a way to control what articles should appear and which not. It could be keyword based and should cover words/labels mentioned in the article.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2017

Christian,

I think text and labels are the basic criteria.

When you fill the summary or description fields it looks for articles with that keywords

In addition to this, you can filter the articles acording to the request type by using labels

It will be really helpful for example to restrict or present articles for example by issue field value.

Suggest an answer