How do you remove the portnumber 8080 on Jira ?

Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay July 23, 2019

I currently access jira on jira.mycompany.company:8080. I would like the to access it only be by jira.mycompany.company , please provide a detailed explanation on this.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

Hi Mark,

Or you can use webserver NGINX or Apache, for examle with (or without) reverse proxy use Atlassian docs like:

Pavel

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2019

@Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay 

If I helped you, please mark my answer as Accepted answers. This will help other users find a solution discussion.

Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay July 29, 2019

Sorry about that delay, Hi @Pavel Junek 

I've been reading the docs that you linked here and I'm not sure if it will work for our server environment here. We are currently using the standalone Tomcat, trying to do the following suggestions requires me to change a lot of the configuration. 

Is there any way I can still do this without installing apache or nginx?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2019

Hi,

Without installing the Web Server (NGINX or Apache) or HAProxy, you will not be able to make a URL in the form jira.mycompany.company. If you change the port 8080 to 80 in server.xml, you can access Jira on the internal network using the server name eg http://[servername]

Pavel

Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay July 29, 2019

Hi,

This would do better in our environment. Thanks a lot.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2019

You need to change the configuration file to respond on port 80 or the DNS entry for the URL needs to point to port 8080.  Please copy/paste this link for description on changing responding port https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-828788166.html 

Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay July 25, 2019

If I do this, I would need to run Jira as root and it may cause some problems, Isn't there another way to do this without doing this one?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2019

I've only installed on windows servers. It runs as a service there. I don't know about unix/linux installs. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events