How do you change the Epic colors now?

Laurie Anci April 14, 2021

Since the vertical epic bar has disappeared, how do I update epic colors?  

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Laurie Anci,

Just on the issue card itself, click the coloured square next to the issue title and choose from the available options:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 16.36.08.png 

Hope this helps!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Or from the Epics panel in the scrum/kanban board of a company managed project, you can still select a color from the little color marker next to each epic:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 16.39.16.png

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Karen Horan - NOAA Federal November 3, 2021

Thank you so very much. I want to add a different color to each Epic within the Kanban board and couldn't figure out how to do this but now, I know.  I'll try this now and let you know if I was successful. . .

Like # people like this
Michael Aglas March 3, 2022

there is not such a feature beneath the Epic summary in Jira Server 8.20.6. what version are you using?

Rebecca Friess December 22, 2022

It looks like the feature was taken away in the managed teams version which has very limited epic management functionality to begin with. :(

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hi Laurie,

The value is actually stored in a field called Epic Color. You can change it by adding that field to the screen used by Epics on that project or through the Bulk change projess.

Here is a link to the codes/values for the colors:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/What-are-the-standard-Epic-Colors-that-I-can-use-in-a-search/qaq-p/243666

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events