How do you bulk edit the fix version?

aaron.kjosa April 6, 2023

I need to change the fix version on a large number of issues.  I do not find the fix version as an option when using Bulk Edit.  How can this be done?

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @aaron.kjosa,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You should be able to change the fix version via bulk edit, it should be the second option when you do it:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 1.17.00 PM.pngJust make sure that Fix version has been added to your edit screen. 

kkidd May 25, 2023

Mikael - I can see Fix Version on my filter results page but do not see the option 'Change Fix versions' when I'm on Operation Details page.  My issues to update are across Projects.  I'm looking for an easy way to create the same Fix Version for 13 projects.  Adding at least 26 fix versions to 13 projects is time consuming.   Any assistance is appreciated.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

@kkidd This should be it's own question. You will find Change Fix versions if you are in Bulk edit mode.

Versions are project specific, so you would need either an app from the Marketplace that can sync versions between projects or you could use automation to do it.

Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2023

I used version sync for Jira app, to allow creating and managing same versions in multiple projects. It works well.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

Hi @aaron.kjosa ,

You need to double check if you have Resolve Issues permissions in the related Jira project, where you are trying to set the fix version. 

1 vote
Nathan Briggs October 10, 2023

I found this on search and neither of these solutions fixed mine - just pointed me to where to look.

FixVersion changes don't appear on a bulk change UNLESS you have:
one type of issue in search (I couldn't do epics and defects in one bulk change)
Resolve Issue permissions in the project
One project at a time (I had the same release name in multiple projects but its not in Jira one release even if you've used Roadmaps to make them a cross-project release)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events