How do workflow changes effect issues midsprint?

MarkERobinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2017

I have edited a workflow and made it the active workflow for a project.

I am not seeing the changes to tickets that are already in the workflow for this sprint.

When will I see the changes to the workflow implemented? Is there a way to force the changes midsprint?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

Workflows have two main components - status and transitions. 

If you are changing status, this can affect issues, but only if an existing issue is in a status you have removed.  Issues must have a  status, so it needs to be migrated to a valid one, and JIRA will ask you when it spots you doing that. 

Transitions are active things - you can change them all you want, but it won't matter to an existing issue using the workflow until you try to use the transitions.

What changes did you make, and what are you expecting JIRA to do?

MarkERobinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2017

Hi Nic, thanks for the response.  I was assigning a new workflow to the project in midsprint; quite a few items were changed.  They didn't appear immediately, but after logging out and back in they're now appearing.

This has been resolved.  Thanks again.

Suggest an answer