How do I report on Components?

Joshua Davies
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Hi,

We are using the components feature to define different parts of our software and architecture. 

The main outcome we want to achieve is to monitor estimates vs actuals against these components. This is because parts of the software/architecture stack are legacy and it would be beneficial to report how long it takes to develop in each component so we can build business cases to improve the legacy areas and/or improve estimations when certain components are involved.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 vote
Joshua Davies
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

FWIW, I found a manual solution by creating a filter and exporting to .csv to do any reporting. 

Not ideal, but it is a work around. 

Open to any further suggestions anyone may have!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi Joshua - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you post a screenshot of exactly what you would like the report to show? Or describe in more detail?

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Joshua Davies

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

With these, you can build a view like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:

component-sum-up.gif

This is really just one of a virtually endless number of possible views and reports - you can also sum up and group by any other issue field(s), configure different sum-up styles, etc. etc.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders