How do I remove the Kanban "take me there" splash page

Brian C. Winkelmann October 18, 2018

I have some users trying to use a wallboard gadget and the top half of the gadget is filled with the "New and Improved Backlog Take Me There!" splash screen.  Wallboards are one way, so it's impossible to click on anything.  The same user has already acknowledged how exciting the kanban backlog is by viewing the full board and then trying to reload the gadget.

Based on other observations, I'm now concerned that a) multiple users may have the same frustration in our installation and b) come to think of it - I will be telling people about the Kanban migration, I don't need all of them to have to click the button at the top of the splash page every time I turn on a kanban board on a project.  Is there a way to disable it altogether?  If not, how can I get wallboards working so they aren't filled with a splash ad about kanban?

2 answers

0 votes
Brian C. Winkelmann October 22, 2018

So this is showing up just on Wallboard gadgets specifically.  Based on other reading, Wallboard gadgets, by design, are not interactive, so there's no way to click any links that it may display.  So I'm looking for a way to turn it off at the source - a system wide "yes, we all know what a kanban backlog is" button.

0 votes
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2018

Hi Brian,

There should be a 'Close' link next to the 'Take me there' button. Can you confirm the same message appear after you close it?

Is the behaviour consistent across all dashboards via different internet browsers?

Regards,
Kelly

Suggest an answer