How do I migrate users from an internal directory to Active Directory?

Mahendar Daripalli January 31, 2019

please suggest me how to do.

Hi Team,
we have some users in Jira Internal Directory now i want to migrate them into Active directory 
1.does i lost the user history in jira?
2.here some users are same mail ids but username is different when compare with AD and JD. how to migrate them into AD?

2 answers

0 votes
anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

Hello @Mahendar Daripalli

If you have the users in both directories using the same username, you can simply put the LDAP/Active Directory on the top in the User Directories screen, and JIRA will start to use it instead of the internal. The issue association is based in the username, so it will not be a problem.

You should look at this atlassian document which helps you in process of migration of users.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-users-between-user-directories-861253207.html?_ga=2.37671907.239817288.1548830084-764141106.1548830084#MigratingUsersbetweenUserDirectories-Usingthe%27Migrateusersfromonedirectorytoanother%27functionality

1.does i lost the user history in jira?

No you wont loss any user history in Jira.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

Suggest an answer