How do I map user data synced with one AD account to an account from another directory?

Deleted user October 4, 2018

My JIRA server instance is currently synced with multiple Active Directories, however only users in the AD for a specific geo are able to access JIRA. To get around this, users from other ADs have an account for use belonging inside that AD. Our goal is allow these users to use their native geo AD account in JIRA. As far as activating these accounts I think we are pretty comfortable with that. My question is more so, is there a way to map data associated to the old user account to the native directory account. (ie anything Jon Doe did when acting as user A, is updated to be done by user account B). Is this possible can it be done in bulk for multiple users. Open to any solution. Updating db, maybe some detailed insight to the schema.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2018

One way of doing it that does not involve updating the db is to make sure the username is the same in both AD's, then when you deactivate the account in AD A the user would then be picked up by AD B. You do have to re-add the user to the groups that he/she currently belongs to. I am currently going through this with an AD migration that also involves changing the username, and as a temporary fix we changed the username to be our email addresses until everyone have been migrated over to the new AD.

Bryan Bai October 4, 2018

migrate to Crowd will give you more flexibility to manipulate and aggregate, same user id from different AD. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events