How do I make my workflow work for other users than the administrator?

Hirak.Kakati February 6, 2019

I have setted an workflow but it is working only for the administrators but how do make it work for other users and groups? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Can you explain a bit ? Do you have any conditions added to this workflow ? Can you also check the permission scheme of the project ? You may need to check the  "Transition Issues", "Browse Projects" permission in the permission scheme.

Hirak.Kakati February 7, 2019

Hi Vishnukumar,

All the permissions I have made it to available for the user's. And Below conditions I have selected for all the Transition also selected "Any of the following Conditions" from the dropdown.  

• Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition.
  • Only users in project role Administrators can execute this transition.

Thank you so much Vishnukumar, By default "Transition Issues" was selected as "Admin" that's the reason it wasn't working. I was struggling with this from last two weeks you made it possible within seconds. Cheers!!!!

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2019

@Hirak.Kakati

Happy that it helped.

Like Hirak.Kakati likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2019

Check the conditions on the workflow transitions - as "only administrators can use it", the conditions must be blocking the other users.

Hi 

Below conditions I have selected for all the Transition also selected "Any of the following Conditions" from the dropdown.  

• Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition.
  • Only users in project role Administrators can execute this transition.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2019

Ok, so that says that administrators and the current assignee are the only people who can use that transition. 

Suggest an answer