How do I get to board configurations in new JIRA?

Keith Mertens December 15, 2017

Can no longer find my way to the page referenced here:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-a-board-764477974.html

1 answer

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Hi Carlos,

I'm not sure you've answered the question I meant to ask. 

The webpage link works fine, but I'm not sure where the equivalent of step one on that page is... i.e. "select more > board settings"

Where is "more"?

How do I get to the board settings page? 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Hi Keith,

I understand now, thanks for the clarification! In the new JIRA UI you'll find the three-dots icon in the right corner of the board:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 9.18.47 PM.png

If you click on the three-dots icon you'll see the option to configure the board:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 9.23.14 PM.png

And from the 'Board setting' you can access all the options that you could also see with the old interface:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 9.19.14 PM.png

Does it help?

Carlos

Thank you Carlos this helps in part.

My Engineering Board does have the option you showed, but my non-engineering (business workflow) board does not.

Do you know if a business project has configurable boards like a software project?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2017

Boards for business projects work different than boards for software projects.  You don't have the 'board settings' option. They are closely related to the workflow for the project, so if you change the workflow to one with more statuses you'll see that the number of columns increases to reflect the new statuses (with software projects you have the ability to create columns and to associate statuses to columns).  I've just tested a business project (named project management template) and this is how the boards looks like after I changed the workflow to one more complex than the default one:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.03.39 PM.png

As I was trying to find a way to make this work, I converted the project from a business project to a software one, but then I couldn't associate a board to the "new" project. From the configuration I tried Agile->Manage boards and ran into this error:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.19.51 PM.png

I had to switch to another project, and from there I could create another board (board settings-> create board), and select the new project (BTTP in my example) as the source for the board.  By doing this the board got associated to BTTP and I had access to the board settings. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.25.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.30.11 PM.png

I don't know if this something you're willing (or allowed) to do, but I just wanted to share the steps I followed to get to board settings ;-).

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Keith Mertens December 17, 2017

Thanks Carlos,

Appreciate the feedback!

Suggest an answer