How do I get previous issue type in e-mail template?

Denis Kazika
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2011

Hi! I would like to do the next:

user change issue type, for example, from general request to the some determined issue type.

I would like to change e-mail template in order to put there some special text.

So, I need to use "issueupdated.vm" template for this purpose. But this one are using for all changes in issue.

Сonsequently, I need to compare previous issue type with new one.

So, my question is: how I can determine previous issue type in e-mail template?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Jira version is 4.4

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
DanielP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Hi,

I would say that your best bet is to use the ChangeHistoryManager to get all changes made to the issue type. Have a look at ChangeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(Issue issue, String changeItemFieldName) and see if that's not what you were looking for.

Good luck!

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

See changelog.vm:

#foreach ($changeitem in $changelog.getRelated("ChildChangeItem"))

0 votes
Denis Kazika
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for your answers!

Suggest an answer