How do I fix time differences between resolved within issue and burndown chart?

Keith Schug August 2, 2021

I have noticed that the time stamp within an issue when is moved to done does not match the time stamp within the burndown chart.  Is there a separate time configuration for reporting? The issue done time stamp does match the Jira server time, yet the Burndown chart time stamp is 6 hours off. 

Example:

Moved Task to done at 7:11 PM

Burndown Chart displays it was done at 1:11 PM

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hi @Keith Schug

It's possible that you are not setting the resolution field. Moving a ticket to done and setting a resolution are different concepts in jira workflows.  To ensure that they are the same you have to ensure that the resolution is set via a transition screen or a postfuction that sets the resolution.l ti some value.

Go to the history and check when the resolution field was set vs when the ticket was moved to done. 

I hope this helps.

Keith Schug August 3, 2021

I have my Jira instance setup to have a post function when an issue is moved to Done it has a Resolution of Done as well. Another thing is that all the times are exactly 6 hours different for every issue type. 

Keith Schug August 4, 2021

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events