How do I filter tickets open between 5pm and 6am daily and week ends (friday 5pm monday 5am)?

Nicolas de Fontenay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2016

Any tickets our NOC receives that's a priority 3 will prompt the NOC to search for a DBA at their desk, then move on to DBA onCall.

I want to know if there's a way to list tickets which occur only between 5pm and  6am week day and include saturday/sunday completely (Friday 5pm to Monday 6am).

That would be based on the creation date.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

Hi Nicolas,

I don't think that you can achieve that with native JQL for issues created during specific time interval on a random date. You can achieve this functionality for a limited (and small) timeframe - for example the last 3-4 days using the native time functions startOfDay/endOfDay()(e.g. for issues created during 6am - 5pm in the last three days you can use the following code:

(created >= startOfDay("-2d18h") AND created <= startOfDay("-2d7h"))
OR 
(created >= startOfDay("-1d18h") AND created <= startOfDay("-1d7h"))
OR
(created >= startOfDay("-18h") AND created <= startOfDay("-7h"))

Regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer