How do I create a new label for "Ready for QA" ?

Tanya Maslach April 28, 2021

hi everyone!

we are trying to more clearly label tickets by their need-state.  ex;  "in progress" doesn't define to others on the team that it's ready for QA.

We'd like to add a tag or label such that there is a visual cue for team members to pick up those specific cards.

Is there a way to do this?  Set a visual cue / label like the other status labels?

Thank you!!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Tanya,

Why don't you just create a Status for Ready for QA and place it in your workflow (it would then be a column on your board). We do that with some of our projects. 

Hey John!   
thanks -- but do you have direction for how to create that status? AND, How to "just place it in your workflow"?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Sure - if it is a Team-managed project you can simply add a new column to the board. That will create the status automatically.

If it is a Company-managed project, then go to Settings > Issues > Workflows. Search for the workflow then click on Edit. Choose the Diagram view and click on Add status.

Hi John,

Hmmm, i did go through that flow to add a new status, but it is now NOT appearing in our project.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.52.43 AM.png

Workflow diagram showing new status:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.53.50 AM.png

Alex Fox April 28, 2021

You'll have to configure the board to display "Ready for QA" issues in their own column.

@Alex --  Hmm, I'm not sure how to configure the board to display that.  I was looking for a way to add the column.

Problem also exists:
In the actual ticket view, the Status "Ready for QA" not available as a choice.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.25.03 AM.png

Update:

when trying to add Status as a column, it is not available as a choice to do so.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.26.54 AM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hey Tanya - sorry, just getting back to this. What type of project is this? How did you add the status?

Did you publish the workflow after you added the status? This one is most likely the problem. 

Tanya Maslach April 29, 2021

Hi John

Hey -- no apologies needed! I always get such great help here.

It's a s/w project, company-type.

I have hacked my way through it to get the status to show up when team members are choosing a status now.

Whew.  Argh - not super intuitive, but the help from the community here got me 75% of the way there.  :-)

Thanks again John.

T

Like John Funk likes this
Tanya Maslach May 3, 2021

Hi again...

well, it didn't take long for this issue to rise up again. :-)

Since I hacked my way to a solution last time, I have no memory of how I created a new label for our tickets.

Now I needed another one - Design Review

See the steps I took below (per help on this thread), but still could not get it added to our project (Company-project).

Project > Settings > Workflow

2. Added to workflow

Saved

3. Checked to verify it's part of workflow

4. Tried to add to a ticket -- Womp Womp.

No dice.

ideas to help me?

Step1.png

AddedToWorkflow.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 4.11.49 PM.png

NotdisplayingasOption.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Did you publish the workflow? You have to publish the changes after you save them. 

Tanya Maslach May 4, 2021

I clicked any button I saw that allowed me to "save" or publish.   

Since you've seen the screenshots, and I still don't have the capability I need, can you direct me, John, to exactly where the "publish" action is supposed to be?

I appreciate it very much.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Sure, once you make the change to the workflow - for instance, to add a status, then your screen should look something like this:

screenshot.png

You would click on the link that says Publish Draft.

Then you can do a back up or not - for something small, I just say No. 

That will go through a process fairly quickly and will be done. 

Then if you go to the Board, do a Refresh and go to Board Settings. You should see the Status now available on the right hand side to map to a column on your board. 

And it should be available to select when in an individual ticket. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events