How do I consume the Install lifecycle hook for Angular?

Arosha Jayawardena December 1, 2019

I am new to using the Atlassian Connect framework. Our application has an Angular front end with an ASP.Net Core back end layer. I'm running into some challenges when setting up the application install sequence. 

Essentially I can see that the installed lifecycle hook calls a POST request to my callback URL. This contains tenant information that I can use to store the app secret for that Tenant and then use this to verify signed JWT tokens going forward. 

The problem I have is that my Angular front end cannot process POST requests. As such I've set my Base URL to my API layer (ASP.Net Core) and any modules that I've used call an endpoint on my API layer which returns a redirect to the front end route that provides the required interface. 

However, this understandably gets blocked by the CORS policies. 

Has anyone got a design pattern or any kind of solution for this issue? I'm a little stuck. I can't set the installed lifecycle hook to a different overall URL, I still need to use the base URL. Because I can't process POST events on the front end I need to set the base to my API layer. But because of this I can't serve up the actual front end components.

Any help would be really appreciated. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer