How do I allow 3 users to view an Archived Project? they are not admins

Lall One November 20, 2019

How do I allow 3 users to view an Archived Project? they are not admins but the projects are archived and they need to see some of the past tickets in Jira.

Do i change their access and if so how ?

Or

what should i do to the project level? if anything ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

one way - create a group, e.g. "archived-viewers" and add the group to the Browse permission for the Archive scheme. This is assuming that you are "archiving" projects by creating an archive permission scheme and removing all access except for admins.

Unfortunately, I didn't do any of this archiving it was done by someone before me, however, it looks like all access to archived projects is just for admins.  Would i add the group to each of the projects that is currently archived, too?

Rabbit Stoddard November 20, 2019

what do you mean by archived? Are they all on the same permission scheme?

ok i just created an archived-viewers group. 

the projects that they need access to Are Archived, EXCEPT Not all archived projects should they see. 

Rabbit Stoddard November 20, 2019

...are you on Jira Cloud, or Jira Server? Server has the archive project functionality, but I didn't think Cloud did yet. 

Also, check the permission scheme the archived projects are on... if they're on the same scheme, then you can just add the group to the 'browse issues' permission, or you can add them as a project role with 'browse issues' permission in the archived projects they need to see.

Like Lall One likes this

Thanks i  set up Archived-viewers and that worked!  Thank you!

Suggest an answer