How do I add a gadget on my JIRA Dashboard of tickets created by me?

Muralidhar Ediga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2018

I am new to JIRA. I want to see issues created by me in my dashboard. Can anyone please help how can I add a gadget on my JIRA Dashboard of tickets created by me?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

6 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2018

Hi @Muralidhar Ediga,

First, you should create a filter that retrieves you the issues. Go to Issues / Search and in advanced mode, enter the following JQL:

Reporter = CurrentUser() and Resolution = Unresolved

Using CurrentUser() makes the filter reflect the issues by the logged in user. Resolution = Unresolved makes sure you only get issues that are still open.

Then save the filter.

Next, on your dashboard add a Filter Results gadget and use your saved filter as the issue source.

Muralidhar Ediga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2018

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout! It helped me!!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

You're welcome, @Muralidhar Ediga. Could you mark the answer as accepted to wrap things up? That will help other users find it easier should they have a similar question.

Thx!

Vincent Yip March 20, 2018

Hi Walter,

Hoping you can help out abit with the same query as the OP, because the solution above is not working for me. The problem is that i cannot even enter in all the characters that you suggested i.e. -> 

And when i do, i get an error -> "

Could not parse the query text. Leading wildcards are not supported.

Can you please help? 

Thanking You,
Vince

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2018

Try typing the query and using the suggestions as you type instead of pasting it.

Nope. No joy im afraid :-(  I guess i 'should have' mentioned that i already tried this.

PLEASE NOTE:
- the total character count for the suggested syntax = 52
- the allowed amount of characters in the Search field = 50

Thanks,
Vince

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2018

@Vincent Yip,

Could you share a screenshot of where you are trying to type your query (i.e. of the 'search field' with the 50 character limit)?

Thx!

Sure thing! 

Ok, so first image you can see that i have already added the 'Filter' gadget into my dashboard. I then proceed (as per your instructions) to click on the 'Advanced Search' link which then brings me to the second image ....

filter1.JPG

Here is the second image AFTER clicking on the 'advanced search' link. You can see here that i'am unable to input the last 2 characters due to what seems like a count limitation....  

filter2.JPG

You can see now the resulting error message below:

filter3.JPG

....if you want, i can send you webex link and we can troubleshoot in real-time ???

Many Thanks for your help on this matter. It is much appreciated!

-Vince

Like dustin likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2018

Oh, hang on, I think I see the problem.

I suspect you are typing JQL into the box which is searching for saved filters.  Gadgets work from saved filters, you don't put a new search in them.  Go to search and use the JQL there, then save the filter.  You can then select the saved one in the gadget.

Like dustin likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2018

Hi @Vincent Yip,

You're not searching in the right place :-).

You should get back to my original answer to this question:

1. Go to Issues / Search
  2. In advanced search, enter the JQL statement below and save the filter.

It is only after that that you go to your dashboard to add a Filter Results gadget.

Then attach the filter you saved before in the Saved filter box of your gadget. If you search there, it is for the filter name.

Like dustin likes this

SORTED! :-D 

You guys rock. And this community forum rocks! Must tell my team about this. "Thanks again" Walter, Nic (!!!!)

Like dustin likes this
tejashree avinash aringle November 27, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout 

How to attach the filter you saved before in the dashboard ? can you please provide detail step?

Like dustin likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2020

Hi @tejashree avinash aringle,

I certainly can. Could you raise a new community question for this? This is an old question that has been answered long ago, so not really the place to keep adding new stuff to.

Feel free to mention me in your question. I'll be notified when it comes in (normally) :-).