How can I view my epics as swimlanes in greenhopper?

I have a query (in the Swimlane configure section) setup as: "Epic Name" = Styleguide

My epic's name is Styleguide.
But when I view the rapid board, the swimlane doesnt show up... ?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

There is currently a story on the backlog for just such a feature: GHS-7753

Vote on that to show your support.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Agile Coach, Twitter

Thanks! voted and watched :)

The issue Nick mentions above: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7753 is now in it's final stages and this feature will be available most likely in GH 6.2.1

It works like the other swimlane strategies in that it is selected in the Board configuration under the Swimlane tab.

Epic Link = "Epic Issue Id", the reason being Epics are not shown in the Work mode and the JQL that you used is for Epics, stories do not have that value.

So I would need to put each story id in the epic into that jql query? I cant just say group all epic stories under this epic name?

As the Swimlane configuration supports automatically creating lanes based on Stories, not based on Epics, the reason being. Epics generally span across Sprints and while a sprint is being viewed, the focus is Story based.

Are you talking about swimlanes based on stories or epics? (you mention 'story id' in the last comment)

Yeah, then the above JQL will help you.

I wanted a swimlane that showed all the stories of a particular epic. Cheers!

The only problem with this is that SubTasks of an Issue (in an epic) are in the 'everything' swimlane. How do I get the subtaks to also show in its parent issues epic swimlane?

I too would like to have epics as swimlanes. But i don't want to make a JQL query for each :S

@Renjith In 6.2 Epic Link is no more "Epic Issue Id", at least in issue navigator it's not displayed as the epic's id but instead as a text link. Is there still a way to output only the id?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,474 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you