How can I set the screen pop up when I click on issues on Kanban board?

Anthony Lo December 18, 2017

How can I set the screen pop up when I click on issues on Kanban board?

What is it called?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Hello Anthony,

its the Issue Detail View:

Navigate to the desired board, then click Board > Configure.

-> Click the Issue Detail View tab.

(Required Permission: Board Administrator)

Hope this will be helpful!

/Br

Semi

Anthony Lo December 19, 2017

Thanks so much for the reply.

I can only see board settings but not configure.

In Board setting 

> General

> Columns

> Swimlanes

> Quick Filters

> Card colors

> Card layout

> Working days

Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

You are on Jira CLOUD?

We're gradually rolling out a new issue view, which you may see on your boards and in your backlog. If you're using the new issue view, you currently can't configure issue fields. We hope to add this functionality back in the near future, but if it doesn't fit how you work right now you can turn it off under Labs in your profile.

Anthony Lo December 20, 2017

Thanks so much! It works fine after I switch off the Lab option

1 vote
Answer accepted
kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hey @Anthony Lo – the new issue view on the board (as described on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) has slightly different configuration options available when compared to the old detail view sidebar (which as others have pointed out, can be configured in board settings).

To get fields (including custom fields) to display you'll need to go to the Screens page in Project settings, click the appropriate scheme and edit the "View issue" screen to set what is displayed. The same field will need to be on the "Edit issue" screen to allow users to edit it.

If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile – this will allow you to configure your fields using the Issue Detail View page in Board Settings.

We do have plans to ship more advanced configuration of this view in the future, but cannot provide a timeline on when this would be available. Feel free to "Watch" the page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) to get notified of when new features and improvements become available.

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Anthony Lo December 20, 2017

Thanks so much! It works fine after I switch off the Lab option

Like czestochowa likes this

Suggest an answer