How can I group components from multiple projects, in a query, to display in a dashboard widget

Jake Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

I have multiple Jira projects in which live bugs are raised. We have a service team which is creating bug tickets, and placing them in the correct project.

I'm using consistent component names, however when I try to report on them in my dashboard, they are not grouping because they're in different projects i.e. having two separate numbers for "Data Issue", when I just want to see how many data issues we have across our products.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hello,

It means that the Component field does not fit your requirements. You should use a single or multi select custom field. In this case all values will be consistent in different projects.

Jake Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

Thank you, I'd stumbled across the global context piece, so created a new custom field with a global context, which has solved my problem.

thanks for your help

lececere May 14, 2020

We have >200,000 issues in our Jira Data Center environment with components assigned to them. We similarly set up the components the same for each project, not realizing at the time that we couldn't summarize across projects.

I'd like to use ScriptRunner script console to copy all of the current component values to a new multi-select custom field and then set up a listener to do this going forward until we develop a transition plan for our business. 

I'm having a hard time finding the code examples to be able to copy component into a custom field via the console and then via a listener. 

Can anyone point me to some examples for this?

Thanks!
Laurie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events