How can I get rid of Kanban Backlog Info Panel in Agile Wallboard Gadget?

Ingo Mohr June 22, 2018

I want to show a Kanban board on my dashboard (JIRA Server 7.6)

For that I use the "Agile Wallboard" Gadget.

My problem is that I can't seem to get rid of the Kanban-backlog info panel displayed above the actual board.

The board actually uses the Kanban-Backlog feature and doesn't show the information panel itself. But on the dashboard, the info panel is always displayed.

On the dashboard, just clicking the panel away doesn't work.

Question: How can I get rid of that info panel?

unwanted_panel.png

6 answers

1 vote
jbeg January 8, 2020

1.5 Years later and this is still not solved... Hello ATLASSIAN - this is a bug.

EDIT: Found the bug report.. but nothing happenend since the report in Jan/2018

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16323

1 vote
Lisa Kelley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2019

This problem has also popped up on a Agile Wallboard today (that worked fine yesterday), making the wallboard useless. 

1 vote
Matt Hudson November 2, 2018

This. In fact, I would be happy to remove that banner from everywhere - I use the Kanban backlog feature. I get it - great feature. But I don't need the ad always popping up. 

0 votes
Matt Hudson November 20, 2019

It has been over a year, and this is still a problem. Actually, this is clearly a bug, and probably really easy to fix. How do I escalate this so somebody will take 2 minutes to fix it? 

Thanks,

Matt

0 votes
Jens Iwanenko February 20, 2019

It was gone on our wallboard for a while. It re-appeared recently. As we have stylebot for our wallboard anyways to add dark mode to some other resources that we cycle through that don't have a dark mode themselves, I just added a CSS rule to get rid of the message once and for all. It's a really bad workaround, not a solution, but it works for now.

If you want to remove this through Stylebot (or another custom CSS plugin), add a CSS rule for your Jira:

.ghx-kanplan-ack { display: none !important; }

I messed around a bit with Greasemonkey and Javascript, but I have a working solution and the widgets are run in an iframe. I guess it's possible to deactive that bloody popup using Javascript, but, quite frankly, I'm too lazy right now to find out how exactly. ;-)

0 votes
Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

This is still a problem at Jira Server v7.11.1, has it been fixed in later releases?

It's strange as hovering over the "Take me there" does change the colour of the button, but neither this button, nor the Close link, nor the X do anything.

I have even tried removing the widget and re-creating it, but there seems to be no way to get rid of this blasted banner:

Screenshot from 2019-01-30 18-08-35.png

Suggest an answer