How can I display static message in my screen without using jira-toolkit plugin?

Aayush Mohanka May 14, 2020

I have added the workflow and added the screen in the workflow.

I need to show a static message to user when that screen comes,my organisation is not willing to add jira-toolkit plugin.

How can that be added?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

You'll need another app that provides screen amendments or text fields like the toolkit ones.

Is there any other way without using any other app?

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

@Aayush Mohanka - Could you add a new Custom Field "Static Message", add a default value of the text that you want it to say, and then put it on the screen? You could make the field read-only so that it can't be changed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

That won't quite work without an app to modify screen behaviour - the native way to make a field read-only is to not have it on the edit or transition screen.

You are going to need an app of some sort to provide this text.  Either something that can inject the text, something that can make a text field displayed read-only on the transition screen, or one that provides a field that offers pre-set text but no edit template for it.

@C_ Derek Fields Do you mean that we do have a custom type called "Static message" or simply create a custom field with type as text and default value to it?

If it's 2nd one,how can i make it only readable?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

You'll need an app to provide "static message" as a field type.

A standard text field is made read-only by not having it on edit or transition screens.

Understanding the comments above,i find that there is no possible way to add static message in editable screen without using any other app or plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

Yes, that's what my original answer said.

Thanks for the reply,will try using the jira toolkit plugin and report if find issue on the same.

Suggest an answer