How can I display all open projects on my dashboard? Just the open projects

Deleted user August 14, 2019

How can I display all open projects on my dashboard? Just the open projects

1 answer

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Hey @[deleted]

Do you mean open tickets? If so there are a couple ways you can do that.

If you want to see all open tickets assigned to anyone, you could use the filter results gadget. You would make a filter that looks something like the below example. That would pull all unresolved tickets from projects and issues you have access to into that filter. Any projects or issue security schemes you are not apart of, will not be shown in this gadget.

resolution = Unresolved

If you want tickets only assigned to you, you can still use the filter results gadget and just add an assignee condition but it would be easier to use the Assigned to me gadget. This will automatically pull all tickets assigned to you.

Hope this helps!

Deleted user August 14, 2019

I'm moving into a project management role, and I need to be able to see all open project at a given time. On my dashboard I'm using the projects widget but  Amazingly there is no open projects filter so I see them all.  you want that I just want to see the current open projects. Is there any way to do that?  I tried what you suggested above and that does not give me the result of looking for.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Okay I understand now! So by open projects I am assuming you have projects that are "archived" or no longer used. If that is the case, there's a couple options.

Option 1

You would use the gadget Projects and allow all projects to be shown. This will show every project you have in your dashboard.

The downside to this is that if you do have inactive or archived projects, this will unfortunately display all projects. Option 2 shows you how to get around this.

Option 2

Create a project category called Open or Active. This will represent all active projects. You would then need to assign that category to each open project.

After that, you would go to your dashboard and add the gadget Projects and select the filter to category. You would select the category you created and it would show all open/active projects.

This method has some downsides which I listed below.

1. If you are already categorizing your projects, that would no longer work because each project would need to be under the new category.
  2. It may be pretty time consuming setting each category on the project.
  3. You need to be a Jira Admin to create a category.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events