How can I delete unused/faulty automation rules?

Endre Kallai November 16, 2020

Hi there,

I have created a few automation rules in Jira and some of them don't work or are duplicates of another. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how I can delete unused automation rules but I could not figure it out at all.

Could someone help me with this?

Thank you,

Endre

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Assuming they are global rules, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation rules. Search for the rule/s you would like to remove.

Next to the enable/disable slider, a link with 3 ... will pop up when you hover over them with your mouse. From the menu, select Remove:

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 17.51.49.png

The same goes for project rules, btw.

Oh, yeah. Thank you. For some reason the 'Remove' option didn't pop up when I was playin around with it a few days back... Is that even possible?? Nevertheless, thank you for your help. Issue's been solved.

Like Luke Robinett likes this
Rafal September 15, 2023

hint:  when you access Manage Rules it is like below - no "Remove" option

Screenshot 2023-09-15 110718.png

Once accessing via setting as stated above - IT IS showing :)

Like knedlik likes this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi @Endre Kallai 

I cannot see an easy way to see which rules have not been run, only the ones which have.  I added a suggestion to add this feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75574

Best regards,

Bill

@Bill Sheboy signed up and voted!!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL