How can I add a transition?

Liat Kimhi February 27, 2019

This is so not intuitive...

I've been trying to add a transition to my existed workflow. No success so far.

When adding it directly to my active workflow it says I need to do it on active flow (but when I edit active flow it moves directly to draft..)

So I copied the workflow, but for some reason I cannot edit this copy (I did it twice...):

image.pngSo now I tried to edit the draft again, but chose an option "reuse a transition". This way I got my desired workflow. But when trying to publish it I get this message: "You are editing a draft workflow. The step 'Done' has no outgoing transitions in the Active workflow, so you cannot add any outgoing transitions in the Draft workflow."

How can I edit the workflow?

Any ideas?

(and if you can assist me deleting those weird copies that were created somehow itll be great)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Liat Kimhi 

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/working-with-workflows-828787890.html and look at the below limitations of editing an active flow

image.png

So for this workflow where you have to have add a first new outgoing transition, make a copy of the workflow and make those changes and then replace the earlier wf with the new one in the workflow scheme.

And you cannot delete an active workflow. you can delete those unneeded workflows if none of the projects are using it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events