Hiding unassigned issues.

How do you define issue permissions so that developers cannot see unassigned issues?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Danny, the browse project permissions inside the project permissions scheme it's like a 'browse issue' permission. If you put there Current Assignee, then only the assigned used will be able to see the issue.

1 vote

Depends on what you mean here, as I can read this in two ways.

If you mean "developer can only see issues if they are assigned *to them*", then you can simply use "current assignee" in the permission scheme on the "browse issue" permission, while removing all the other things that let them see it.

If you mean "developer can only see issues that are assigned to someone, and not unassigned", that needs more thought, but I won't waffle about it as it's quite hard.

Either way, you'll need to think about how you let someone assign the issue - you can't assign what you can't see.

I did indeed mean the former. However, there doesn't seem to be a 'browse issues' permission. Only 'browse projects', which is not the same thing.

For issues, permissions only exist for:

Creating

Editing

Scheduling

Moving

Assigning

Resolving

Closing

Modifying reporter

Deleting

linking

Setting issue security

Nothing to restrict browseing

Terribly sorry, I should have said that. "Browse project" is "browse issue", it really means "permission to look at issues inside this project"

0 vote

Depends on what you mean here, as I can read this in two ways.

If you mean "developer can only see issues if they are assigned *to them*", then you can simply use "current assignee" in the permission scheme on the "browse issue" permission, while removing all the other things that let them see it.

If you mean "developer can only see issues that are assigned to someone, and not unassigned", that needs more thought, but I won't waffle about it as it's quite hard.

Either way, you'll need to think about how you let someone assign the issue - you can't assign what you can't see.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

11,944 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you