Hide Projects at Project field for users with no permission at Create Issue Screen

changmle July 16, 2019

Previously, we used javascript in Announcement Banner to hide the Project Field. However, if a user is in two groups and above, the user must be able to choose which Project. In order to this, I have remove the line $('#project-single-select').parent().hide() from our script.

But now, during the selection of Projects field in the Create Issue screen, users who are only in 1 project is able to see other Projects which they do no have permission for those projects.

Now, I want to either HIDE the project field for these users or only show the list of projects that they have permission for at Create Issue screen. 

What should I do to achieve this? Is it possible to do it with script runner?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2019

Hi @changmle ,

This is handled in Jira with permission schemes. Only users who have the "Create Issue" permission are able to select the project when creating an issue.

If you need more advanced conditions, you can use scriptrunner. But I would strongly advise to use the permission schemes if you can work with groups.

Antoine

Suggest an answer