Has there been a change to reporting within Jira?

Phil Barrett October 19, 2016

We are running multiple projects within JIRA and have noticed recently that the reporting views for the projects differ. All are running on the same permissions schema and as site administrator this seems to be a recent change. Have there been any changes to reporting within JIRA  recently or does anyone know what might be causing this please as we need a consistent reporting mechanism. See pictures below:

Reporting view for one project, which we want across all projects

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 13.55.30.png

Reporting view for all other projects which we don't want.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 13.55.05.png

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Phil

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Above the backlog icon on the left hand menu navigation there are three dots which I clicked on and selected create a board. I then selected Create a Scrum Board, named it and then all reporting functionality was back again.

Very strange as this was previously in place and those with admin rights hadn't made changes, but that has resolved it. 

Thanks Mahesh and Nic for your support

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

Ah, I had the right idea, that it was to do with Software, but looked at the totally wrong flag.

I suspect what happened was someone changed a board filter so that it no longer included your project, or just deleted the last board that referenced it.  Without a board, there's no sprints etc, so the reports that vanished were no longer valid.  Creating a new board fixes that!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

I suspect this is down to the project type, rather than the users.  Go to the list of projects and have a look at the type column - I think it'll have have a mix of Business, Software and Service Desk, and I think you'll find the project with the top display is a Software one, and the other project is not.

Hi Nic, my instinct was that it might be that, but double checked and all are software. 

very strange.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

Please make sure that you have sprints in the other project as well.

Suggest an answer