Getting Jira Task details based on User Activity

JiraNovice January 21, 2020

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to get a list of Tasks that a JIRA User worked on in a day so that we can improve the time-logging process. For each user there will be an API call to get this data - basically, if User A worked on 3 issues in a day, I want to see the 3 Issue IDs. Similarly, if User B  worked on 2 issues in a day, I want to see those 2. 

I believe one of the solutions discussed previously is to just retrieve whatever the User is assigned to. While this may work, I do believe this list would also include things that the User didn't even look into that day (end result will be more data than expected). 

Is there a way we can look into any activity logs to get this list? If yes, I would really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on an approach to get the info please? Thank you for your help...

Note: Based on some other threads, using the stream to see User activity was also a recommended solution. However, that may not work in our case as we want to get the Issue ID list using an API call.  We don't even have the option of User logging time into Work Log.

0 answers

Suggest an answer