Generate JIRA Issues via SharePoint?

Todd Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2011

A general question regarding our need to generate a new Jira Issue by way of an internal SharePoint site... Simply put, I need functionality around a user who reports an application support issue from a SharePoint site to generate a new JIRA incident with the development group, possible? API?

4 answers

2 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2011

If you want to roll your own integration, then you should check out the functionality that JIRA provides via the RPC plugin: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+RPC+Services

You can use a SOAP client in SharePoint to connect to JIRA.

1 vote
Matt Collinge November 8, 2018

We did a simple integration so that a Sharepoint form would send the details to Jira via email, which would create the ticket. It was a bit of a faff to get working, but it does work & does the job.

EwaBo March 28, 2019

How did you do it? Can you explain? 

Matt Collinge March 29, 2019

Sure. Just go into JIRA > Settings > Incoming Mail. Then add an email handler to create tickets in whatever project you want. Then you need to set up a Sharepoint list that emails JIRA when the item is created.

EwaBo March 29, 2019

Thanks Matt, I know that, but the email handler SharePoint is using is treated by JIRA cloud as spam. No ticket get's created :( There are some mechanisms which stop spam emails I guess.

Archana Sukumaran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2019

Hi - I am creating JIRA issues based on Microsoft Form Submission with the help of the Flow in Microsoft. It works like a charm but i am not able to create an email trigger for the issue created in JIRA. Any help on that?

Like Amal James likes this
konstantina.fifli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 21, 2020

@Matt Collinge .

I am following.

Just go into JIRA > Settings > Incoming Mail.

Then add an email handler to create tickets in whatever project you want.  done

Then you need to set up a Sharepoint list that emails JIRA when the item is created. i 've created a list and then I added an email alert but as is expected i will just receive emails to my email account. 

Not sure what to do and cannot find more info. 

Would you mind sharing more about it? is very important to me and the company i work for.

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2011

One of our partners, Customware, provides a SharePoint Connector for JIRA, which, as far as I know, provides this functionality. The product overview is here: http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/CustomWare/Connector+for+SharePoint+and+JIRA

Todd Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 30, 2011

Thanks for the information, but I have a Development team ready to do the work we just need to know if there is an available API or valid web service/web method to call for this type of functionality?

0 votes
HopeJ August 30, 2011

We are also looking at something like this does anyone use this connector? If so what sort of reporting does it allow?

Suggest an answer