Find all bugs assigned to the subordinates of a specific manager in the Exchange organization?

David Kon December 11, 2018

Hello,

My organization makes use of Microsoft Exchange to manage the users.

We would like to have a periodic report of all the bugs assigned to the subordinates of a specific manager.

For example, in the development group, there are 4 teams led by tech leads and these lead report to a dev manager.

We'd like to have this weekly report sent to our distribution list showing which bugs are assigned to each developer in this group, the bugs' status, priority etc.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Hi @David Kon

Out of the box you won't be able to identify the subordinates associated with the manager, this would require a plugin like nfeed and I'm not even sure it works with microsoft exchange.

What you could do is:

Use a JQL filter and have the distribution list subscribe to it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

the JQL could look something like:

project= (choose if you want to be specific to the project) AND issuetype = bug AND assignee =membersof(group name)

You could extend this to multiple groups if needed.

Let me know if I missed something!

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your reply.

I looked into the subscription solution and unfortunately, our server does not show this option, the subscriptions are only for me.

The Jira server version is 7.6.7.

David

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

What @Alexey Matveev said.  Check your permissions.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

Hello,

You could create a filter for each group with JQL like this:

assignee in membersOf("group1")

Then you would create a subscription for this filter. Subscription lets you set a schedule to send filter results to subscribed users.

You can find more info about subscriptions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your reply.

I looked into the subscription solution and unfortunately, our server does not show this option, the subscriptions are only for me.

The Jira server version is 7.6.7.

David

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

Subscriptions should be there. Make sure that you have the Manage Group Filter Subscriptions global permission.

Suggest an answer