Fields from issue A are not copied over to issue B

Anthony Ellerbrock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

RULE. Create a new issue in project B, when issue in project A transitions to "DONE".

The new issue is getting created, however the description, acceptance criteria, ect are not getting copied to new issue even though they're defined in the "Create a new" component.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2024

Hello @Anthony Ellerbrock

If you're willing to use a third-party application, I can suggest trying our Elements Copy & Sync app that allows you to copy issues with all their content (summary, description, custom fields, comments, attachments, etc.) and their child issues.

You’ll be able to automatically copy all your issue data into the new project once the source issue status is updated.  

Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Clara

0 votes
Anthony Ellerbrock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2024

Thank you all, problem solved.

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Anthony Ellerbrock and welcome to the community!

If you are willing to use a third-party app, you can try our Deep Clone for Jira. You can trigger Deep Clone via a Jira automation. Deep Clone will clone the issue, including its custom field values and app data of other third-party apps.

0 votes
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Anthony Ellerbrock

Please check the Audit log of your automation that is supposed to copy the fields to the new issue.

It should tell you what went wrong. Often times they fields we try to copy are not on the create issue screen in the other project. Fields not present on that screen cannot be set during issue creation.

You can either add those fields to the create issue screen in that Project B or change your automation to edit the fields on the created issue (branch) after it is created.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Hello @Anthony Ellerbrock 

You probably are not using the correct syntax for smart values.

Please share screen shot of your rule where you are creating this new issue in project B.

Suggest an answer