Field change reports and history

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi there!

There are a few questions, maybe someone has already encountered problems like this.

The following fields should be evaluable per ticket, across projects for all projects with the specific Issue type: 

Due date field for the main ticket. Sub-task due dates are not relevant. 

Original Estimate field

It is important to see in which project the fields have been updated. By whom and when were the fields updated.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Jurica

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

The issue history contains a record of every change of field, recording date, time and person who did it, so you have all of that.

I think I am not understanding something though, could you explain a little more about what you are looking for?  (Beyond "it's in the history" I mean)

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

I'm interested in the number. If you have 20,000 tickets, in how many have been changed due date and by whom

I need to get a sorted list of all tickets that have changed due date and how many times it was changed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Ah, ok, I though it might be something like that.

I believe Jira to be very poor at historical reporting.  It is fine for "what are we doing now", but bad at "what happened before".

There is no simple way to get that number out of it without an app or some coding.

If you only have that single question, then I would probably take a simple approach of writing a scripted field that reads the history for changes of due date and spits out the count.  You'd then be able to run a search for "dd count > 0" and sort the results on it too.

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

Thanks for the information. Can I get more information here how? Thx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2020

What approach are you thinking would work for you?  A scripted field?  Reporting tools?

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2020

I have already solved this in the way that where I first defined the date, I wrote it down with the help of an automation in Jira in one field. Then on each subsequent change the same via automation for jira said count up each change for one and records again in one field. So it's easy when you make a filter to see if the issuetyp = change counter is say 4 (there were four duedate field changes) and then in the same filter I have the first date and the last one. The ticket gets shown one field that says "Ja" and the field called duedate has changed? and all other is in Filter to see. test1.PNG

Like Jill Stott likes this

Suggest an answer