Favorite Boards on Planning Dropdown in left menu

cathy.gutowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

I work in Jira in a structure where my features are in one Jira container and my stories are in a different one.  I work in several boards (1 scrum and 3 kanban) and move between them all day.  I have favorited my boards - I have 4.  2 of them are in the feature container and 2 in the story container. Other product owners in my feature container have their own set of boards. 

When I go to the left column  to drop down and select my boards, I get the choices of "Boards in this project" and "Other Boards".  I have to scroll to find the ones I want. 

Is is possible to have the top section to be "My Favorited Boards"?   

Yes, I know I can use the top menu to select Your Work > Boards > Starred.  But in the old version of Jira, Boards was a top level menu choice but in the new version now I have to remember which menu choice to find it under.  The left menu is so much easier to work with. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi Cathy,

You can go about this a couple of ways. One is to simply book mark the boards in your browser. That's what I tend to do. 

Another option is to rename the boards to start with a number or the letter A because the boards are listed alphabetically. 

Other than that, you will not be able to change the order in which they appear. 

cathy.gutowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Thanks

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events