Failed to retrieve data in service desk project

Даниил October 19, 2020

Hello everyone! I can't create new issues from email, though it worked fine two days ago. When i go to page with projects i see warning "Failed to retrieve project data". 

JiraSDFailure.png

I can see all settings in the project except Email Requests, page doesn't load. 

JiraSDFailure2.png

What should i do? Thanks for answering.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

Hi @Даниил  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would go ahead and open a Support Ticket with Atlassian for this one:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Даниил October 19, 2020

Thanks, that's what i'm going to do.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

Please post back here what the solution was so we can close this post out. 

Larry Wilson October 19, 2020

Yes, I'm having the same issue starting today

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2020

Hey Larry - Welcome!

And you should put in a ticket, too.  :-)

Larry Wilson October 20, 2020

This was caused by a limitation of the free license.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Hey @Larry Wilson - thanks for the update - can you describe a little more how the license limited the data or access to the project?

Даниил October 21, 2020

I haven't got the answer from support yet, but it seems like the count of users for free licence is the count of users on the site of your company. I thought that this is the count of users in service desk project, so decided that it's outer jira problem. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2020

That is a really strange message to present for a license issue. But hopefully they will help you get it sorted out. 

0 votes
Suzana Fragoso December 29, 2021

I am having the same issue! 

And now, besides not having the queues visualization anymore, the "Jira Service Management" access on the top left menu has a "Try" by its side. 

It was working fine last week, with the same 4 users connected to the project, what can it be?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Hi @Suzana Fragoso  - you should create a new question for this. But you also need to open a support ticket with Atlassian.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Ignacio Rodriguez December 17, 2021

Hey everybody!! I am having this same issue 1 year later jaja. Does anybody got an answer regarding what could be causing it?

Thanks!! @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Hola Ignacio,

Typically, you get 10 free Jira Software (JSW) users with a Free account. But you only get 3 Service Management (JSD or JSM) licenses. So even if you have only used 5 JSW licenses but all 3 of your JSM licenses you can't add more JSW users - even though you think you have 5 left.

So you have to get rid of one of your JSM licenses (go down to 2) add your JSW users, and then you can go back up to 3 for JSM. 

Ignacio Rodriguez December 30, 2021

Hey John, thanks for the answer. to be honest the issue "kind of fixed by itself" meaning I I did not fully understood what it was. I really appreciate you answering to my post. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events