Error when trying to log time on a task "The timesheet status must be open for the period"

Mboiteux March 19, 2018

Hello,

I just created a project in Ijra. I created a task also.

When I try to log time on the task for today's date it is OK.

When I try to log time on the task for last week the error message is raised: "The timesheet status must be open for the period"

I guess I must setup somewhere a "start date" for the project but I can't find where.

Can anybody help me please ?

Marc

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

I guess you use the Tempo Timesheets plugin. There is a function to close a period. I guess the last week is closed. You have to open it. You can find more info here:

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785889/Period+management

Mboiteux March 19, 2018

Hello Alexey,

Thank you for your message. Yes a'm using Tempo plugin.

In tempo settings / Period management All period are open to ALL.

TempoSettings.PNG

Like Deleted user likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Have a look also at timesheet approval process. If your timesheet is approved or on approval, you also can not log time for the period.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785784/Timesheet+Approval+Process

Mboiteux March 19, 2018

Thanks again Alexey.

Yes there is an approval pending on this timesheet.
I'm my Timesheet revisor so I tried to appove my timesheet but it didTempoApprovalPending.PNG not work. I tried to refuse also but the timesheet status remains "waiting for approval"

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2018

It is strange. Kindly look in the log (atlassian-jira.log) for more info

Mboiteux March 20, 2018

I'm using cloud version. Is the log available in this case ?

I looked at /auditing/view and noo event is registred when I try to refuse the timesheet submitted.

Can't find a log in tempo menu. :/

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2018

That is right. Then I am not sure, why it is not workign. Maybe you can ask Tempo support

Mboiteux March 23, 2018

Hello,

This is the answer of tempo support:

"To prevent data inaccuracies and ensure accurate reporting, users with Approve Timesheets permission can no longer approve their own timesheets. You can add a new approver by granting them the Approve Timesheet permission for your team or create a new team with another approver to limit exposure."

I asked if this limit can be disabled by a parameter somewhere. If not I will give up approvals.

Marc

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2018

Thank you for the update

Mboiteux March 23, 2018

Last update with the answer of tempo support:

"Currently there's no configuration to allow or not users to approve their own timesheets. "

Thanks a lot for you help Alexey.

Marc

1 vote
Mboiteux March 19, 2018

I modify my post.

When I try to log time on ANY task (even on another project) for last week the error message is raised.

When I try to log time on ANY task (even on another project) for today it no error appears.

I must have broken somethink. :/

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2018

I guess you use the Tempo Timesheets plugin. There is a function to close a period. I guess the last week is closed. You have to open it. You can find more info here:

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785889/Period+management

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer