Error importing from CSV: "File to be loaded sent plan date is required"

Alessandro Palma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

Until a couple of days ago I was able to import tasks via CSV + custom configuration file.
Today after the validation I receive the error: "ERROR - Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ File to be loaded sent plan date: File to be loaded sent plan date is required. ]"

The CSV format and the custom configuration configuration have not changed.

I don't understant what is "File to be loaded sent plan date"...

Is it a new mandatory field? Or what?

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

The error you're encountering, "File to be loaded sent plan date is required," suggests a field is missing from your CSV or is not correctly mapped during import. Here's a condensed plan to address the issue:

Verify Field Requirements: Check if "File to be loaded sent plan date" has recently been made a required field in your Jira project settings.

Inspect Your CSV: Ensure your CSV includes a column for this field if it's now required. Double-check the column mapping during the import process.

Test Import: Try importing a small, sample CSV file that includes this specific field to isolate the issue.

Check for Updates: Ensure there haven't been recent updates to Jira or related import plugins that could affect the import process.

Alessandro Palma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

Thank you for your reply and detailed suggestions.

After a number of attempts I tried with a very simple CSV with just 1 record and few data to verify that the problem was not in CSV content with no luck.

I'm also getting an error (502 that I'm guessing is an error from backend) trying to open the page with fields configuration for the project, but it's a different story that should be investigated.

The good news is that suddenly the import, with same CSV extacted from DB as usual and configuration file, started working again.

Maybe someone added the field (without telling it...) and then removed it.

0 votes
Brintanny Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 12, 2024

"File to be loaded sent plan date is required" indicates that there is a missing or required field named "sent plan date" in the CSV file you are trying to import. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Review CSV File:

Open the CSV file using a spreadsheet editor like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
Look for a column header or field named "sent plan date." Verify if it exists and is filled for each corresponding row.
Check Data Format:

Ensure that the "sent plan date" values in the CSV file are in the correct format as expected by the system. Date formats can vary, so check the system's documentation for the required format.
Verify Mandatory Fields:

Check if "sent plan date" is a mandatory field for the import process. If it is required, make sure every row in the CSV file has a valid date in that column.
Add Missing Data:

If you find rows without data in the "sent plan date" column, add the required information. Ensure that every row has a valid date entry.
Consider Default Values:

If the system allows default values for certain fields, you may set a default "sent plan date" for rows where this information is not available.
Refer to Documentation:

Consult the documentation or user guide of the system you are importing into. It should provide information about the required fields, their formats, and any specific guidelines for data import.
Use a Template:

If available, use an import template provided by the system. Templates often have predefined headers and formats that match the system's requirements.
Check Field Names:

Verify that the field name "sent plan date" in the CSV file matches the expected field name in the system. Typos or variations in field names can lead to import errors.
Validate Data Consistency:

Ensure consistency in the data. For example, if "sent plan date" is a date field, make sure all entries are valid dates and follow the same format.
Test with a Subset:

If possible, test the import process with a small subset of the data first. This allows you to identify and address any issues on a smaller scale before attempting a full import.
After making these checks and adjustments, attempt to import the CSV file again. If the issue persists, refer to the system's support resources or contact their support team for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on the requirements and configurations of the system you are working with.

Suggest an answer