Error following upgrade of JIRA Agile

ScottW April 8, 2014

We recently upgraded to JIRA Agile 6.2.2 and are getting these errors when opening issues.

greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel

Error rendering 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel'. Please contact your JIRA administrators.

details-module

Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:details-module'. Please contact your JIRA administrators.

Our IT team has attempted a few different approaches to fix the issue including ensuring we're on the latest versions of Java, JIRA, and plug-ins. But we haven't been able to resolve.

In our logs, we're getting references to errors indexing custom field customfield_10505 which happens to be our Sprint field. Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2014

Hi Scott, I found a similar case in our support history and in that case the problem was corrupted entry in the database.

Try to execute this query:

select * from issuelink where linktype = (select id FROM issuelinktype where linkname = 'Epic-Story Link') AND destination NOT IN (SELECT id FROM jiraissue) or destination is null OR source NOT IN (SELECT id FROM jiraissue) or source is null;

In case it return anything create a backup of your database and remove the entry.

Cheers

ScottW April 16, 2014

Thank you. We got some results. It looks like the problem is related to some sub-tasks that didn't get deleted when the parent was deleted. How do I remove the orphaned sub-tasks?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Hi, we have a KB article to this issue here. Basically the corrupted entries need to be removed.

Cheers

ScottW April 30, 2014

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

kk October 12, 2014

I cannot access the KB article due to insufficient permissions. Could you fix that?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2014

Hi @Klaus, sorry my mistake, forgot to remove the restrictions. It's public now. Cheers

krishnan January 9, 2015

Hi Tiago, Still unable to access the KB article due to insufficient permissions. Also I would like to know if the above query, returns empty set and still I get that error. What could be the issue? Thanks

Aleksey Omelchenko February 12, 2015

Hi Tiago! Could you please check one more time restrictions of this page? I can't also see it as well

Denis Yaparov February 12, 2015

Hi @Tiago Comasseto @Tiago Comasseto , Please, recheck the access settings to the KB article. We are anable to delete such subtasks. Also, I'm unable to request access to KB article from info message about access permissions. Denis

Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2015

To everyone trying to access the article mentioned by Tiago, it has been moved from the GreenHopper Confluence Space to the Agile Confluence space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Issue+screen+displays+error+rendering+greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel

Denis Yaparov February 13, 2015

Hi Danilo, Thank you for reply! Actually, here are two different issues, looking similar: 1. Broken link between Epic and deleted issue (issue from KB), linktype = "Epic Story Link" 2. Orphaned sub-tasks with existing link "jira_subtask_link" and deleted parent, and field Sprint, it became crazy in this situation. (issue from this question). Deleting link using Integrity Checker tool didn't solved this issue in my case, only faking parent link did (see my answer to this question). Both cause errors on rendering issue view, but they are different issues.

1 vote
Denis Yaparov February 12, 2015

Just hit this issue with sub-task without parent and Sprint field.

Thanks to answers to this question and @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] 's Script Runner - I was able to resolve similar issue.

1. I created new issue in the same project
  2. I added a link between new issue and the sub-task
  3. In DB I changed link's type, source ID and destination ID. Sub-task's ID must be in destination column
  4. Using Script Runner I cleared Jira's cached data

After these steps I was able to remove the sub-task and its new parent.

Suggest an answer