Epic panel shows zero completed tickets, but there's 4 completed tickets on the epic.

Luis Cipriani February 15, 2019

I tried without success to understand why Jira shows zero completed tasks in this epic that has 4 tickets that are already released, resolved with done status.

Can someone give a light? How can I make Jira to show the number of resolved tickets there?

Thank you

2019-02-15 at 16.50.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hello Luis,

I recommend you to check the following:

- Confirm that the Epics are properly configured with a valid resolution - The resolution field is not configured as "Unresolved"

- Check if the statuses of the Epics are properly configured in the last column of your board. To check this:

1 - Navigate to your board

2 - Click on the three dots Icon (...) > Board Settings > Columns

Let me know if one of the scenarios above applies to you and you need any help to fix it.

Luis Cipriani February 18, 2019

Hi Petterson, thanks for your reply, here are my comments:

I'm assuming when you are saying Epics in your post, it's in fact the tickets that are children from the Epics. Jira doesn't allow me to nest Epics. And yes, all the tickets children of the Epic in the screenshot that are "Released" are in resolved status.

However, I have 2 boards using the same workflow, one for Development and another to track Release process, the "Released" status is when I would consider them done, it's the rightmost status on the Release board. This backlog view is in the Development board, where the rightmost status is "Accepted".

To be honest, the position of the ticket on the board shouldn't be used as a criteria, but only the Resolved status. In my case, it looks like both are being ignored by Jira.

Suggest an answer