Epic name reflects as old one on Active Sprint board

Natalie Gashkova December 1, 2021

Hi, 

We use Next-gen projects in Jira Cloud. 

I have enabled the option Epic for Swimlates under Settings to my Board:

2021-12-01_17-55-35.png

I see the epics separating the PBIs on my board. The problem is that the name of the Epic is an old one. It has been changed (updated). But it doesn't get reflected:

2021-12-01_17-54-28.png

It is a Localization Effort on the swimlane. 

The actual name is Localization.

No need to mention, that I cleared my cache and cookies and the result didn't change.

Anybody knows how this can be resolved?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Natalie Gashkova ,

I'm a little bit confused by your post. Your post is under Jira Core Server which does not support next-GEN, or rather Team Managed Project, as it is now named. TMP is Cloud only. Secondly, your image is that of a Company Managed Project or CMP.

Regardless of the above information, and more to your point of incorrect epic name. Can you illustrate where you updated the epic name showing the correct name? One thing that might be interesting is to change your swim lane designation from epic to something else and then switch back to Epic. I also note that in your last image the epic name does not seem to be simply localization since I see the "…" at the end of localization.

Oh, sorry, I just get redirected from my Jira and fired the Post right away. 
@Jack Brickey do you know if I can move the post to more propper space for the question

-------

1. So here is where I renamed the Epic.

On the Epic details page

2021-12-01_18-20-52.png

2. And you are correct in referring to...

As on Story details page there is a Filed = Epic Link, which has the old name of my Epic

2021-12-01_18-21-40.png

But I have no idea what this property stands for and how to change it

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

no worries @Natalie Gashkova . I can move it. Just some house keeping at this point. Are you on Jira Cloud?

So doing a quick test on my own...

pre-change...

2021-12-01_13-39-42.jpg

Now I change the Epic name here...

2021-12-01_13-43-18.jpg

and now my board....

2021-12-01_13-44-56.jpg

In summary I do not believe you're changing the "epic name". Please note that the epic link is separate and if that name is desire to be changed it needs to be changed separately.

Thank you so much @Jack Brickey !

Your comment pushed me to the idea and here it goes:

2021-12-01_20-18-52.png

The top field is Epic Summary! (why do they even need it in the first place???)

And the Name is located on the right-hand section. 

Definitely wired UX I've seen in mu life((((

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Ha, indeed you get three fields: summary, epic name and epic link. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events