Epic form with table

Jean-François RIOU July 21, 2020

Hi all, 

I want to modify my epic creation form. Whenever I create an epic, I have to identify all impacted docs for that very epic. We have about 50 distinct docs. We want the whole list of docs to be diplayed to force the epic creator to mull over the list and check which docs have to be upated (and not forget one doc). 

I would like to add a table with:
- columns like : doc name (string), has to be up updated (checkbox), version (string)
- lines : one line per doc from a predefined list.

An alternative would be to display a list of cards (title: name of doc, check: modification required, no check: modification not required, text: version)

I don't see any custom field made of a table or cards. How can I do that ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

Hello @Jean-François RIOU 

You could achieve this with the app Elements Checklist. I made up a quick example of what it could look like with 3 columns. You can set the names of all the 50 docs as part of a template, as well as the Version number, or you could leave it to be filled in by the person creating the issue. In any case, the fields can all be modified (so a version inserted by the template can be updated, for example).

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 14.55.02.png

If this looks like it could meet your needs, you can try it out for free on the Atlassian Marketplace: Elements Checklist

Jean-François RIOU July 21, 2020

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Group_ 

Thanks for the suggestion. That is really close to what I need. I actually get interested in such an app, 

And I've got additional questions:
- Are checkbloxes mandatory in panels (as the app's name is Elements checklist)?
- Could scripts or any JQL requests automatically fill the cells of the grid (as the app's name is also Smartgrid) triggered by an post function? I mean no typing is needed.
- Is there any means to format the cells (e.g background color according to the data in the cell)? 

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

Great questions @Jean-François RIOU 

• Checkboxes are not mandatory with Elements Checklist. Each Checklist you create can use your unique combination and ordering of the available attributes: Date, Select list, Component, Single line text, multi-line text, calculated attribute.... All of the available attributes and details about how they work are available here.
  • You can configure a template to automatically populate the Checklist with a pre-set list of options (for example the list of docs), but the user will need to click on the name of the template it to insert the template into the issue (automatic Checklist insertion is only available with the Server version). If the Project Admin has created a template listing the documents/steps/versions/people/etc that are necessary, the user just needs to insert the template, no typing required. This tutorial shows how to configure a template

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.04.00.pngScreenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.04.17.png

• For formatting, there are a couple options. You can select colors for select list options, which could look something like this:

Checklist bug tracking carousel.png

Markdown is also supported for text attributes (though background color is not one of the supported Markdown). Other attributes, like Date or Calculated, don't have formatting options like color however. If background color is a deal breaker, you might find another app on the Marketplace that does that.

Hope that helps you understand the features a bit more. If the calculated attribute option seems useful, there's also a blog post on calculated attributes for checklists you can check.

Like Jean-François RIOU likes this
Jean-François RIOU July 22, 2020

Great help, thanks again

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders