Epic Colour verses Epic Color

Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

One of our instances has a custom field created spelled Colour a newer instance spells it Color. Did grasshopper when they switched to Agile also switch how the spell fields?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

I had to update the table directly to change the column name in our DEV database. Now it migrates over properly to production.

0 votes
Juergen Lanner March 22, 2017

I ran into the same name difference problem when trying to migrate a project from one instance to another.
Renaming the field did the trick. Howto is described   https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35937

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2017

That has nothing to do with this question.

Juergen Lanner March 22, 2017

Sorry, I was not explicit enough. Please see changed post above.

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] April 22, 2015

I´m viewing the latest version of JIRA Agile (6.6.80) and JIRA Agile on Cloud and there is a mismatch in the spelling causing me not to be able to restore a single project into my server instance!

Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] April 22, 2015

My solution was to edit the field in the db before project import, as I don't wanted to mess with the live db table.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2013

It's possible to change the names, and it might be affected by the language you've got set as well (For those who may not know, the English word is "colour" and the American-English variation is "color"). Can't say I've noticed it, but a quick look across the instances I've got shows consistency.

The obvious question is which versions of Jira Agile / Greenhopper are you using, and what are your language settings?

Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

I don't know for sure the version of Greenhopper that the one instance started with. But it has only been a couple of months back. Now installing Jira Agile in a new instance does it have the new spelling. As far as the language settings, I looked and looked and all that I can find are set the same.

Versions:

JIRA 6.0.8

Agile Project Management for JIRA (Build: #1d66b3c2c376+) or 6.3.1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2013

Ok, you should be able to check the plugin version and default language by looking at the "system information" page under admin. (I'd use search in the browser - the page can be very long and techy)

You also should check what language you have set in your profile.

Suggest an answer